Last week I took a trip up to San Francisco for a Meet + Greet with Vici! My flight got canceled last minute which meant my trip got a day shorter, so I decided to put together a quick travel guide with 5 things you must do in San Francisco in 2 days plus an outfit roundup!
I was lucky enough to have a friend who lives in the heart of San Fran so I don’t know much about hotels in the area. But San Francisco is quite a small town, and going around is much easier than I envisioned. Another thing I noticed right away is that a lot of things are within walking distance. We stayed right by Union Street so extra spoiled by our friends here!! The streets are really steep, like really steep. Making walking that much more fun and calorie burning worth 🙂
Weatherwise, mornings are cool and crisp, it can get pretty windy too. My friend Kelsey who lives there told me their temperatures don’t go much below 50’s or above 70’s so it’s mild but bring a jacket, you’ll thank me later!!
- Walk around on the streets, look at your surroundings. Everywhere you look and go is literally gorgeous. The houses are very unique and close to one another, it’s a lot like Sao Paulo in that way, but way fancier! Walk to shops, restaurants and sightseeing points. They also have beautiful flower shops on the streets, the perfect spot for a pic!
2. Stop by the Marina. We went to see the cable cars there. You can ride them, buy tickets to take a tour at the Alcatraz (unfortunately we didn’t have time to do that, but I’m quite fascinated with it) it looks so close but the currents are strong and the water frigid. It’s crazy awesome even from afar! They have street sellers around the square and its full of tourists.
3. Drive or walk down Lombard Street. You know the famous wiggly brick street. It’s like nothing I’ve ever seen. The houses around it are beautiful and the homeowners have to actually drive it to get to their garage. I just found it so interesting. What would be like to have people taking photos by your door on a daily basis?! See our action drive via Instagram stories (I have a highlight saved under San Fran). Rent a scooter or a bike to go around town, you can’t take it all in from an Uber.
As I mentioned at the beginning of the post, I hosted an event at the Vici store in walnut creek. The neighborhood is located about 40 minutes from San Francisco across the bridge and if you have time its a gorgeous drive and great affordable shopping too! I’ve been working with Vici for almost a year now and it was such a cool experience to visit their physical store!!!
4. Stop by the Painted Ladies. It’s a landmark, even though everything is pretty much like the painted ladies in SF. That is an iconic spot, the most photographed postcard row of houses! Located in front of Alamo’s Square, the perfect spot for a quick rest while touring in San Fran. People often know the row of cute Victorian houses going down the street by the opening of Full house.
5. Visit the Golden Gate, and try to go at the Golden hour, pics will prove it it’s amazing. Bring a jacket and good shoes ( I didn’t bring either and it was not very pleasant!! But definitely worth it!!)
All photo credits to Jenifer D. Imagery.
Have you been to San Francisco? Leave us your must-do tip!!