The fall runways are full of richness, whether is the color, fabric, textures or accessories they all scream LUXE! And being fall my fave season I can’t wait to share some of my must-haves!
1. The Military; this trend comes and goes and it’s a good idea to have a nice military inspired piece always around. I love the rough and the soft together and this trend is so easy to play with. The new fresh way to wear it is accompanied by very feminine and romantic pieces, such as ruffles and peplums! Burberry Prorsum had the best interpretation of this yet:
|Gotta love the bow belts!!|
2. Baroque plus Gold; some baroque inspired prints have been around during summer but nothing translates the rich feel of it better than fall fabrics like velvets or lace. Add a piece of gold jewelry and you got it!! For this trend, Dolce & Gabbana were spot on:
3. Oxblood or Chianti; both are names of the must-have color of the season. Leather or fur in this shade look fabulous and very “right now”. Pair it up with soft peach like tones to tune it down or black or brown to turn the volume up…
|Peter Som, Rodarte, DKNY|
4. All-Over Wild Prints; yes I guess they are still going strong this fall, stronger than ever if you look at some collections. Prada has all these amazing cut suits in the wildest prints ever. So ahead of our times, so daring and interesting…still I’m not sure I would wear the pant and the jacket together, as of now I would pick one of the two and rock it, but never say never who knows what I would be up to in the next few months 😉
5. Fluffy Sweaters; they were long and lean last fall and now they are short and chunky. Be careful with this look as it can make us ladies look shorter and bigger than we actually are. I would pair the fluffy guy with super skinny pants or skirts to balance the look, ankle pants that narrow down are a chic choice also. J Crew’s new collection shows a super cute version of the must-have sweater:
As the season moves on more and more trends will survive the runways and go to the streets, let’s watch as I can wait to see them all on real gals!!!
Hope you love this report and next time I write the blog I’ll be surrounded by the Rocky Mountains, not sure how much fashion they have around there…but wish me luck as hubby and I try to make this transition as smooth as possible for the kiddos and us.