Our anniversary was literally a month after I got my cancer diagnosis. We usually like to take a quick trip, hubs and I. Nothing fancy we just want to spend time together and enjoy each other’s company. This year, however, I had a ton of doctor’s appointments and surgery to schedule so we decided on a staycation. And can I tell you: WE LOVED IT!!!! So I’m here today to give you staycation ideas and how you can plan yours – Jump to the end of this post for a special discount from our friends at the Conrad Indianapolis.
We partnered with two local gems to bring you this post: the ever so chic and contemporary Conrad Indianapolis and the delicious and classic The Capital Grille Indianapolis. I want to take you guys on a tour of our day and show you how you can make any day special without having to plan a big trip or even leave town!
Our Staycation at the Conrad Indianapolis
First off “why staycations are better”:
- If you have kids, dogs, or anything else that makes it difficult to just pack and go you’ll benefit from a one night staycation. Leaving kiddos with grandma for a day or two is a heck of a lot easier to ask than 3-4 days! Same goes for paying someone to babysit your dog, one day is definitely cheaper plus you know that you take care of your beloved furry friend better than anyone else in the world!
- It’s the perfect excuse to explore your city like you’re a tourist. Make a point to go places you haven’t been and do things you don’t usually have “time” to do. Like riding bikes downtown, walking along the canal and stopping for a glass of wine mid-afternoon just because.
- It’s quicker, easier and a lot less expensive to stay in your city. If you don’t have time for long vacations, you can still benefit from a day or two off by indulging in a staycation. It’s truly refreshing and will do wonders for the tired brain 🙂
- Lastly, it’s a great way to support your local businesses and deepen your relationship with them. Think loyal customers always get special treatment! Plus we are happy to have great restaurants and delicious food to enjoy in our city, so we must support them!!
The “how to plan yours”:
- Plan your stay from Sunday – Thursday, chances are you’ll have more availability and much better rates. We can’t recommend the Conrad Indianapolis more, it’s not your typical hotel. The Collection Suites are a dream come true and will surely take your staycation to the next level. Think of all the $$$ you’re saving on airplane tickets and/or gas and make your staycation extra special!
This is the Pop Suite, inspired by the iconic art of Warhol! The pop art is definitely everywhere. I love the marble table (you can see it on the video) and the modern feel of this suite. They each have a different vibe and feature different artists. See this post for a peek at the Surrealism Suite where we stayed at previously.white cotton dress // silk bandana // sunnies // sandals
satin nightgown (similar)
Shall we talk about the luxe Bvlgari bath set? My favorite scent, so refreshing and chic 🙂
Imagine the comfiest bed, the freshest air, the cleanest bathroom, the most luxurious toiletries, and the perfect touches. The Conrad Indianapolis has it all guys, I’m eager for you to plan your stay with them, whether a staycation or a mini getaway I’m sure you’ll be blown away!
I put together a quick tour for you guys to see our room, pool area & dinner.
2. Think of the amenities the hotel offers. A pool can make you enticed to spend relaxing time doing nothing (which is totally the point of a staycation, right?). A spa can do the very same but with a more luxurious feel. Booking a massage or a facial are ways of incorporating “me” time during your stay! Is a gym or late room service important to you? Make sure you check on it. Also, does the Hotel have a nice restaurant you can wait if you arrive too early? The Conrad Indianapolis checks all the boxes 🙂
Now you can join the fun and get 20% off your stay at the Conrad Indianapolis by clicking HERE. If you’re not familiar with the area, The Capital Grille is right at Conrad’s lobby.
This post is brought to you in partnership with The Conrad Hotel Indianapolis and The Capital Grille Indianapolis.
I hope this inspired you to book your very own staycation, take a break from the daily hustle to enjoy life!!!