I’m so excited to partner with Babbleboxx for HER Health Month this May. If you’ve been following my little journey here for a while you might know I care a lot about healthy eating and exercise habits but I do have my “falling off the wagon” phases. This box was an incentive to put me back on track while joining the Faster Way to Fat Loss program recommended by my fellow blogger and mama of three Beth Chappo!
This Babbleboxx came with several products related to a healthy lifestyle, and I’m so eager to unveil all of these goodies one by one for you, my friends!!!
BABBLEBOXX: HER HEALTH MONTH BOX REVIEW
1. Zenni UV Blue Blockers. The more I read about the damage blue light from computers and other devices (smart-phones, i-pads) the more I want to share the importance of protecting our eyes. Because the blue light reaches deeper into the eye, it’s cumulative effect can cause damage to the retina. If you work in front of a computer or blue light device for long periods, I highly recommend you take a look at UV blocker glasses. Guys, I’m obsessed with these glasses, they come with a prescription and nonprescription version. They offer maximum UV protection with minimal color distortion, I honestly didn’t notice any color difference and besides them being super cute I love how lightweight they are. After hours of working on my computer, I forget I have them on.
3. Pure Synergy: it’s an organic supplement company for lifelong wellness. Besides being certified organic, Pure Synergy supplements are gluten free, vegan, non-GMO, certified kosher, super pure and more. I got two of my favorite superfoods supplements.
Organic Beet Juice Powder: I love beets, haha don’t go away! I seriously would eat raw beets watching TV growing up as my snack. Or a whole pound of them cooked with nothing at all (because they are sweet as candy) or with salt and olive oil in a bowl. I promise you I’m not weird, my taste buds just like that kind of stuff. But I also get it not everyone loves beets, like hubs! He’s been drinking beet juice for months now recommended by his doctor and he doesn’t taste the beets in it. Traditionally used as a blood-building and cleansing tonic, beet juice has many more benefits, it’s a rich source of antioxidants and phytonutrients for a glowing health, it supports liver function (cleanses and detoxes) and recent studies show an increase on stamina and exercise endurance. How about trading the protein shakes for a glass of beet juice before hitting the gym?! Try it!!
Turmeric Extract: I’ve been using turmeric in my food for a couple of years now. It’s a real mild spice that gives barely any flavor but turns our food into bright yellow, making everything seem more alive! If you haven’t heard of it yet, these are just a few of the benefits Turmeric provides; healthy immune system helps maintain healthy cells, therefore, supporting healthy inflammation response which could be great for an after workout healing of inflamed muscles and aches! I know what you’re thinking: sign me up! Haha, I had the same reaction when I discovered Turmeric.
My kiddos favorite turmeric food is the yellow rice, I just add a couple of pinches and it turns our rice into neon. They love it!! But I also shake it on my eggs, potato salad, baked chicken, quinoa, and omelets. That being said I also know the amounts that we shake on our food are not enough to get all the perks this spice offers. That’s where this supplement comes in. Take one capsule a day for full benefits, and if you go to the gym try taking it right after your workout!
Visit TheSynergyCompany.com and get 15% off using code: PureSynergyPartner
4. AfterShoks Treks Air: these super lightweight bud free listening headphones were the first item my daughter Bella eyed when I opened my Babbleboxx. They even caught my photographer’s attention. The lightweight feature feels great like there’s nothing there, and I don’t know about you but my ears are always sore after a long workout with buds in them (I might have smaller holes but I hear my friends complain about it too).
The bone conduction technology delivers music through our cheekbones, ensuring ears remain completely open to hear ambient sounds. They fit securely and sound better too!
Use code KARINA30 for 30% off your Treks Air purchase through June 30th when shopping HERE.
5. Champion The Curvy Strappy Sports Bra: this was love at first wear. Comfort level is definitely an A+, the thick straps, and hook and eye closure makes me feel secure and comfortable at the same time, which is major when working out. The molded cups and v-neck design gave me a nice shape which is totally an added bonus! I love the back straps that add a cute effect to the days I hit the gym while allowing me full movement without feeling restrained or like the straps are digging my skin. You know what I mean if you have ever worn a low-quality sports bra. The good news is that Champion Athleticwear has a great price point for premium quality products. Check these out HERE.
PERSONAL NOTE: In all honesty our mental health can really ruin all of the body health we might try to put in place, if you live in stressful surroundings such as big cities with traffic jams, long commuting to and from work, or work on a high-pressure position or fast-paced environment, you know what I’m talking about. I have a morning ritual I started about a couple years ago and have been adding to lately to find the perfect balance for my mind and body. Mind you, I’m still not perfectly balanced, hahaha but I can tell you I’m a different person than I was before I started to put these practices in place. Before I tell you the other two gifts I received in my Babbleboxx I want to share my practices in order to inspire you to start your own little ritual because I believe 100% that a healthy mind makes a healthy body.
I wake up at 6 am every day of the week (excluding weekends), that’s one hour prior to the rest of the family so I can have alone time. The first thing I do is tune in a daily message on a spiritual coaching I listen to via “WhatsApp”, I’ll try to find the English version if you’re interested. But it’s mainly a message that makes us aware of out toxic thoughts and ways to change them. After that, I go to my favorite daily meditation app – insight timer (free), and select a guided meditation for my day depending on how much time I have and how I feel that particular morning. After these two practices, my mind is fully awake and ready to do my silent prayers which I also time it in that same app, just for kicks! Lastly – I’ve been learning to practice anticipated gratitude with the 5 Minute Journal, and it works wonders!
These next two items are great for the mind, that’s why I wanted to share the above 🙂
6. The Myth of a Nice Girl: is a candid guide for ambitious women who want to succeed in their careers but not lose themselves in the process. In this book, Fran Hauser provides career guidance with lots of female empowerment and smashes the belief that women have to be B#$% to be successful. We can be nice and authentic and still be the boss. I’m halfway through the book (that’s quickly becoming my nightstand book) and love her personal stories and how she overcame obstacles because I can relate to it so much and the book is helping me through the process. Being nice doesn’t mean being stupid and we must stand up for ourselves nice gals out there!!!!!
7. Chesapeake Bay Candle – MInd & Body: this clean burn candle is designed and poured in the US and infused with essential oils. The peace and tranquility candle is a relaxing mix of comforting cashmere and white musk with a touch of jasmine and lily of the valley. It has ylang-ylang, lemon, and cedarwood essential oils and it’s so relaxing I like to light it while meditating or when I’m writing.
It would help me lots to know if this info was helpful to you so I can cater posts in the future. And if you have any health rituals you’d like to share with me I’m always on a search for new ones!
All pics by my gracious photographer Amber Bryant @ Images by Amber.
This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com.1