When I tell people I only wash my hair once a week they all ask HOW?! How do you keep it from looking nasty and greasy Karina? In this post, I’m sharing how I’m able to keep my hair clean longer by using the Pantene Charcoal Collection Shampoo and Conditioner.
I’ve never been the wash-your-hair-everyday kinda girl, but I used to wash it every two other days or so. Once I stopped washing my hair so often I noticed it was stronger, shinier (in a good way) and noticeably healthier. The process of washing your hair strips it from its natural oils. Think of your face, when you have oily face your doctor tells you to stop washing your face, right?! It’s the same thought process. That’s why it’s also important to condition and moisturize your hair with the right products as well. If like me, you also use heating tools such as hair dryer and hot tools you’re only furthering that damage.
Are you ready to try it for yourself? Here’s my guide to go through the week easily:
- Start by washing your hair a day before you want to look your best. I.e: If I have a gathering on Saturday, I’ll wash my hair on Friday. My hair is always best on the second day. Plan accordingly to how your hair behaves!
- PRO TIP: a lot of people will recommend a clarifying shampoo but that can also strip your hair deeper. Instead, I’ve been using Pantene Charcoal Collection Shampoo and Conditioner. The difference is that they use an activated charcoal blend that works to detox hair by attracting impurities while releasing antioxidants. Pantene Charcoal Collection purifying shampoo is nutrient-infused with pro-vitamin B5 and antioxidants. Pantene Charcoal Collection gives me more good hair days without having to wash it too much.
- Don’t use styling products on your scalp nor close to it. Stick to the ends, where it truly needs. If you need to tame flyaways, use hairspray instead of pomades.
- Add a texturizing spray to your routine. Especially if you like to touch your hair a lot. They help me keep my hands off my hair (I’m totally guilty of twisting my hair in between my fingers….talk about comforting feels!!). I love this one and this one.
- Do use dry-shampoo. I love the colored ones since my hair is dark on the roots. I also use the ones with no residue as well!
- Have fun with pony-tails, half-top knots, buns, and braids. These are easy and cute ways to keep your hands out of your hair. Therefore, keep it clean longer!
- Hats, beanies, and turbans also work wonders. Especially towards the last few days when hair is showing signs of “desperation”.
As you can see, I do a few things to extend my hair life but the game changer is definitely the Pantene Charcoal Collection Shampoo and Conditioner!
Shop the post:
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this and please let me know if you try Pantene Charcoal Collection Shampoo and Conditioner. I’d be happy to chat more about healthy hair and give more in-depth tips about it!!
And cheers to MORE good hair days !!
Loving this Pantene charcoal shampoo and conditioner? Click here now for more of my beauty favorites!!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pantene. The opinions and text are all mine.